Thursday, November 10, 2011

This is not going to be a long article, and it’s not for me anyhow.  As I sit here, I am deeply saddened and hurt for my friends, Bob & Pat Mecado.  On Tuesday, their twin 14-year old grand-daughters, Leilani and Luana Fukui were walking in a crosswalk when they were hit by a car at the same time, both ending up on life support with severe brain injuries.  Leilani died, while Luana is still fighting for her life.

The purpose of this article is not to answer the unanswerable, why?  That can wait until later. Joseph’s truth, “As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today” is a revelation that came many years after his own heartbreaking tragedy.  Now is not the time for that.  Right now I just hurt and cry together for my friend, Bobby.  Bobby works with some of the hardest convicts in the California prison system, yet he himself possesses such a soft heart.  To me, he has personified (Prov.17:17) “A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need.” He is always building me up to others, to the degree that I think, “Bobby, stop that, brother!”  I want to be that kind of friend to him in this very difficult time of need.

I have linked the KTLA news report, but mostly so that you can lift them and their entire family before the throne of God’s grace.  The God who is “All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others.” (2Cor.1:3,4)


About Me

My Photo
Tucson, AZ, United States
View my complete profile

Translate

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Stay in the Loop!

Pageviews this Month