Monday, April 25, 2011
In 1950, the Clairol company (personal care products division of Proctor & Gamble) launched a one-step at home color formula, "Miss Clairol Hair Color Bath" which debuted with the famous catch phrase, "Does she...or doesn’t she? Only her hairdresser knows for sure." Not only was the product line a huge financial success, but that advertisement became one of the truly iconic lines of all time in the marketing industry.


No, I’m not thinking of dyeing my hair...grey is beautiful you know! What brought this to my mind was this past week. I returned from preaching in Santa Monica not feeling very well. It turns out I had a UTI (urinary tract infection) and ended up running a fever of 103.1. Needless to say, I did not feel too well, and completely ignored the work piled up on my desk, and the Easter preparations which were fairly demanding, and slept on and off for seven hours during the day on Friday. Well, I had a haircut appointment for Friday at 10:00 with Art Benavidez (Art’s Hair Studio) who has cut my hair for years and years, and knows me quite well. I slept through my appointment, and at the time I didn’t realize it or care all that much. But, you see "only his hairdresser knows" and mine happens to know me well. He thought, "Pastor never misses one of his appointments.". This is not a statement to my discipline or punctuality, it probably has more to do with my vanity or my commitment to my military style crew cut! So in Art’s mind he’s thinking that something bad must’ve happened to me to just miss my appointment (isn’t it amazing how we always think the worst has taken place?!), and he called to make sure I was alright. I really appreciate that. At the time, not too many people knew that I wasn’t well.....but my hairdresser knew!


I mention this for a reason. I am continually amazed at the number of people who tell me, "Pastor, we pray for you all the time." This amazes me. Every time I am humbled and very grateful that there are people who care enough to lift me up before the throne of God’s grace. I thank you and covet those prayers. I am convinced that any fruitfulness I am experiencing and the fact that I am standing and ministering in Christ’s strength is due to the people like this who pray for me. They do it even when they don’t know me like my hairdresser. To you, I say thank you.

About Me

My Photo
Tucson, AZ, United States
View my complete profile

Translate

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Stay in the Loop!

Pageviews this Month